Friday, November 17, 2017

Mere survival is, Failure

The graveyard is full of stories of individual survival and yet they all have the same conclusion, they’re lying there in neat rows.



When analyzing a recently deceased body, forensics can tell you a lot of details surrounding the fact, they may even provide specific reasons for it, but the information does not change the facts on the ground, the person is dead.

What has this got to do with the title, I hear you ask.

Good question.

The answer is remarkably simple. Survival without achieving growth and change is a waste of time.

You’re better off not surviving.

You're better off hitting rock bottom sooner than dragging out the inevitable, whilst hanging on to things and people who are not real. Who were illusions of friends or significant others'.

I speak from experience.

I speak from deep pain and frustration, mainly at myself, for having the lack of clarity to see people for who they truly were, instead of whom I wanted them to be and placing value on things that did not matter.

Thankfully, I now speak from a transcended place, where I acknowledge my arrogance and ego that drove me to pursue business and relationships without regard to the cost, whether financial or spiritual.

I was low and I didn’t even know it.

Then I hit the wall.

Very reluctantly.

I resisted the embrace of failure.

I prolonged the process and delayed my ultimate redemption.

I thank GOD for helping me fail, so spectacularly that I had no choice but to rethink everything.

I had to learn to let go of the ego that was holding me back, the preconceived notions of life's meaning to admit that I didn't know and to question where I needed to be.

What I have learned is that most of us, and I was no different, don’t know how to phrase our questions.

Most of us, don’t know what we want, let alone what we need. We stumble through life, imitating our parents or role models to some degree without asking the WHY!

What am I doing here?

What brings me joy?

Who’s on first and What’s on second?

The answers to these questions are different for each of us and ultimately not as important as the actual questions themselves. You see, it's in the process of questioning yourself and validating each answer with real life experiences, that we are able to mould who we are from the lump of clay that we were. #WoWeReallyAre

For more Information:

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/mark-baranov
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-baranov-1221971b
https://twitter.com/MarkBaranov
http://www.markbaranov.com.au/
http://www.baranov.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mark Baranov - OE App has Arrived, Do You Know What You’re Missing?

Download our free app to learn the power of a dedicated 24/7 Receptionist service. Imagine having your entire call management at your ...